* Hot ovens, boiling liquids and fires.
* Electrical leads which they could chew.
* Toilet lids left up. Kittens have drowned in toilets.
* Hearths and open fireplaces. Kittens have been known to climb
* Any loose string or cords that a kitten could become entangled
with which might lead to strangulation.
* Reels of cotton and pieces of thread. If swallowed this can
become life threatening and may need an operation to remove
the offending thread from the intestine.
* Needles, rubber bands, plastic film, polythene bags, packing
materials of all kinds, cigarettes and cellophane can all
* Toys with attachments that could come away and may choke a kitten.
* Electrical machines they might climb into including microwaves,
washing machines, dryers, ovens dishwashers and refrigerators.
* High balconies and window ledges.
* Bee or wasp stings, kittens love to play with them!
* Toxic household chemicals such as household cleaners
(see poisonous substances)