expect from Breeders
your Kitten home
a Semi Long Haired Cat
for a Stud Cat
facts about Fleas
Allergy in Cats
TAKING YOUR KITTEN HOME
are a few basic essentials that will be needed
before you bring your kitten home.
* A carrier for transporting your kitten home and later for trips
to the vet. Cover the bottom with a thick layer of newspaper
(in case of accidents) and some soft bedding.
* A bed tucked in a corner away from the main traffic in the house.
All that is required is somewhere draught proof in which they can
* A litter tray and scoop. Regular disinfecting of these is essential.
A dilute bleach solution is a simple way of keeping the litter tray
free from smells and germs. Avoid using any disinfectant that
cloudy when mixed with water as this type of chemical can be a
danger to cats.
* Food and water dishes. Pottery or stainless steel are best. Each
cat in the household should have its own food dish.
A scratching post. Cats use scratching posts for stretching exercise
and to clear away the dead scales from their claws.
* Basic grooming tools. A good comb with fairly wide apart teeth
and another with much closer teeth. A kitten will appreciate the
use of a soft "baby" brush.
* Plenty of 'safe' toys. Kittens love a cardboard box in which to
play and even a brown paper bag (not polythene) will provide many
hours of entertainment.
Now your kitten is
home with you, give him time to adjust
by introducing him to his litter tray and food dishes and
one room at a time.
If you have other pets, allow your
kitten time to become used to the room on his own before introducing other
members of your pet family.